Disarm The Settlers Forum Index Disarm The Settlers
The Fancy Party Is Here
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   You have no new messagesYou have no new messages   Log out [ alandunn ]Log out [ alandunn ] 

Bob collage in billboard art exhibit in Liverpool
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Disarm The Settlers Forum Index -> Guided By Voices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RichT
Site Admin


Joined: 13 Aug 2004
Posts: 1386

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Bob collage in billboard art exhibit in Liverpool Reply with quote

Bob was invited to participate in an art exhibit in Liverpool. The curator of the exhibit displays artists work on billboards in the city. One of Bob's collages Normals In Tight West (From EAT 2) is currently up in Liverpool at 48 Seel Street.

Those in the area should drive on by to check it out. Pictures of the billboard can be found here:

http://www.alandunn67.co.uk/obscurer.html

Rich
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
O'Malley



Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 1321

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty good, pretty good, pretty neat, pretty neat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
lexo



Joined: 13 Aug 2004
Posts: 7595
Location: Philadelphia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Bob collage in billboard art exhibit in Liverpool Reply with quote

very very cool

Release the Normals In Tight West demos!!!
_________________
Bob: "Are you fucked up?"
Lexo: "Yeah, I'm pretty fucked up"
Bob: "God bless you"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
upsetter



Joined: 19 Aug 2004
Posts: 3042
Location: on the tundra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick!
_________________
Lovers-1
Haters-0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
albatross



Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 5291

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool. All hail, Robert Ellsworth Pollard Jr., Renaissance Man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
ytjmarr



Joined: 27 Feb 2005
Posts: 2372
Location: FL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'd love to be able to see it in person.

This is pretty awesome.
_________________
stand up crying, don't bend
you are not lost in the present
tomorrow you may rise
-------------------------------------
in time you'll know
in time you'll grow to say
tomorrow will not be another day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  
Drill Sgt. Soul



Joined: 16 Aug 2004
Posts: 2125
Location: bildungsroman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is cool. Wonder why he took off the “SKIN” & “67” panels…?
_________________
"Someone throw a cherry bomb at me." - R. Pollard • Champaign, IL • 17 June 2004
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
RichT
Site Admin


Joined: 13 Aug 2004
Posts: 1386

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drill Sgt. Soul wrote:
That is cool. Wonder why he took off the “SKIN” & “67” panels…?


To get it to size correctly for the billboard the curator presented Bob with two options and the one without the SKIN and .67 were definitely the better of the two options.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Solly



Joined: 10 Mar 2005
Posts: 2357
Location: Ass at work, mind at camp.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed. Uncle Bob in Liverpool! Clap
_________________
Once you start putting powder up your nose, cucumbers down your pants and stop moving the slow-cooked roast beef.....you have to go.
jtodd75 - 8/4/06
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Ihatedisarmthesettlers



Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 1003
Location: Chillicothe, Ohio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this is just incredibly cool. I bet Bob is mighty proud, and rightly so.
_________________
Ive never done heroin, I'm not advocatiing heroin, but it's done great things for my record collection.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address  
Morgan



Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Posts: 136

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, you might get all the Bob live shows and stuff, but I least I can, er, travel halfway up the country to look at one of his collages for a few minutes. Bet you're jealous now!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger 
Citizen Fighter



Joined: 13 Aug 2004
Posts: 3715
Location: So far up my own ass, all I can see is shit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morgan wrote:
Hah, you might get all the Bob live shows and stuff, but I least I can, er, travel halfway up the country to look at one of his collages for a few minutes. Bet you're jealous now!


You're joking and all, but I think it's very cool that you live in a country that places enough value on Art to do something like making giant billboards to hang in random locations. Not to mention they have enough of an artistic sense to appreciate someone as relatively obscure (at least int he art world) as Robert Pollard. I think it's cool as hell that this is being done. You don't see much of that here in the states...unless maybe a portion of the billboard is reserved for the Pepsi logo or something.
_________________
Fiyyyyahhh!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Morgan



Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Posts: 136

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citizen Fighter - very well said. I think this is extremely cool - I mean who the fuck has ever heard of Robert Pollard, especially in Britain? I would like the occasional gig over here though...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger 
Kingshit



Joined: 20 Aug 2004
Posts: 239
Location: Placentia, California

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citizen Fighter wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Hah, you might get all the Bob live shows and stuff, but I least I can, er, travel halfway up the country to look at one of his collages for a few minutes. Bet you're jealous now!


You're joking and all, but I think it's very cool that you live in a country that places enough value on Art to do something like making giant billboards to hang in random locations. Not to mention they have enough of an artistic sense to appreciate someone as relatively obscure (at least int he art world) as Robert Pollard. I think it's cool as hell that this is being done. You don't see much of that here in the states...unless maybe a portion of the billboard is reserved for the Pepsi logo or something.


That's probably because in America art is defined as a crucifix immersed in a jar of piss or a portrait of the Virgin Mary covered with elephant shit! Perhaps if art in the states were cool like this is rather than just a feeble attempt to piss of a large portion of the population, there would be more support for projects like this!
_________________
Kingshit
kingshit@guidedbyrobertpollard.com
http://www.guidedbyrobertpollard.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
tbennett



Joined: 14 Oct 2005
Posts: 397
Location: Des Moines IA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingshit wrote:
Citizen Fighter wrote:
Morgan wrote:
Hah, you might get all the Bob live shows and stuff, but I least I can, er, travel halfway up the country to look at one of his collages for a few minutes. Bet you're jealous now!


You're joking and all, but I think it's very cool that you live in a country that places enough value on Art to do something like making giant billboards to hang in random locations. Not to mention they have enough of an artistic sense to appreciate someone as relatively obscure (at least int he art world) as Robert Pollard. I think it's cool as hell that this is being done. You don't see much of that here in the states...unless maybe a portion of the billboard is reserved for the Pepsi logo or something.


That's probably because in America art is defined as a crucifix immersed in a jar of piss or a portrait of the Virgin Mary covered with elephant shit! Perhaps if art in the states were cool like this is rather than just a feeble attempt to piss of a large portion of the population, there would be more support for projects like this!


To be fair, the Blessed Virgin Mary was done by a Nigerian born artist who, I believe resides in the UK. Piss Christ was done by an American, but has recieved acclaim by more than just the folks in the states. May not be your cup of tea, but you know, different strokes.

Still it would be pretty cool to see a pollard billboard in the states.
_________________
If we sit here and drink some more beer, we will be two inflatable dolls in a hooker's bad dream
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Disarm The Settlers Forum Index -> Guided By Voices All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Watch this topic for replies
 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2005 phpBB Group